My primary research interests are in the communication-theoretic and information-theoretic foundations of wireless systems. I also enjoy building systems, teams and companies.
In addition, I have worked on problems related to convex optimization, networked applications, timing channels, time synchronization and indoor positioning. I am also interested in advancing the state of the art in genomic data compression, electronic health records, and precision medicine.
If you are interested in working with me, let’s connect!
I spent six wonderful years in the MS/PhD (Electrical Engineering) program at Stanford University with Andrea Goldsmith as my primary advisor. My PhD thesis is on noncoherent energy-detection-based communications for massive MIMO systems. During my PhD, I also co-founded ImpriMed, which is now offering assays for personalizing pet cancer treatment.
My undergraduate studies were in IIT Kanpur where I majored in Electrical Engineering. My BTech project advisor was Ajit Chaturvedi. Before that, I went to South Point High School in my hometown of Kolkata, India.
- Feb 2018 - Present: Co-Founder and Wireless Systems Architect, ZaiNar, Redwood City, USA
- Oct 2017 - Jan 2018: Senior Engineer, Cohere Technologies, Santa Clara, USA
- Summer 2013: Summer intern, Broadcom, Sunnyvale, USA
- 2011 - Sep 2017: MS/PhD student (EE), Stanford University, Stanford, USA
- 2007 - 2011: Undergraduate student (EE), IIT Kanpur, Kanpur, India
- 2005 - 2007: Higher secondary student, South Point High School, Kolkata, India
- 2016: James F. Gibbons Outstanding Student Teaching Award, EE Stanford
- 2015: Finalist, Qualcomm Innovation Fellowship
- 2014: Best Poster Award, Information Systems and Science, DiscoverEE, EE Stanford
- 2014: Finalist, Best Paper Award, IEEE Globecom
- 2011: 3Com Corporation Stanford Graduate Fellowship, Stanford University
- 2011: University of Tokyo IIT Undergraduate Students Scholarship, IIT Kanpur
- 2011: Sridhar Memorial Prize for academic performance, IIT Kanpur
- 2011: Amit Saxena Memorial Award for subjects related to electronic circuits, IIT Kanpur